Ultra-slim and boasting a full QWERTY keyboard, the Pantech Link II from AT&T's follows its popular predecessor by adding Brew Mobile Platform (BMP) technology for a richer gaming and application experience and upgrading the camera to a 2-megapixel resolution. But it still includes a colorful 2.4-inch display and full QWERTY keyboard for quick messaging. And with AT&T's Social Net application, you can view and manage updates from Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter.
Enabled for use on AT&T's lightning quick HSPDA 3G network, you'll be able to easily access the Internet as well as quickly download video, music and more. Additionally, with AT&T's 3G network, you can make a call while simultaneously receiving picture/text messages and e-mail or viewing Web pages.
This GPS-enabled phone can access the AT&T Navigator service for turn-by-turn directions. And the free AT&T Address Book service enables you to automatically sync all your contacts to an online address book for safe keeping.
Other features include Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, microSD memory expansion (up to 32 GB), digital audio player, personal organizer tools, access to mobile e-mail and instant messaging services, and up to 3 hours of talk time (see full specifications below).
The Pantech Link II weighs 3.3 ounces and measures 4.5 x 2.4 x 0.39 inches. Its 1000 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 3 hours of talk time, and up to 240 hours (10 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as AT&T's dual-band 3G network (850/1900 MHz; HSDPA/UMTS).
| ||High-speed data connectivity via AT&T's 3G mobile broadband data network: The dual-band 850/1900 MHz 3G network provides up to 3.6/7.2 Mbps of download speed, making it possible to enjoy a variety of feature-rich wireless multimedia services, and it gives you the advantage of offering simultaneous voice and data services. |
In areas where the 3G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the AT&T EDGE network, which offers availability in more than 13,000 US cities and along some 40,000 miles of major highways. Providing average data speeds between 75-135Kbps, it's fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services, including full picture and video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and email on the go.
| ||The full-featured, premium AT&T Navigator GPS navigation application includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates and re-routing options, and 3D moving maps (additional charges applicable). AT&T Navigator offers several other features to make your commute more enjoyable and reliable, including mobile access to Yellowpages.com. Additionally, AT&T Navigator is the only mobile phone-based GPS service that provides integrated speech recognition for address entry and points of interest search. |
| || |
- 2.4-inch LCD screen (320 x 240 pixels, 262K color depth)
- Full QWERTY keyboard
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes communication headset, hands-free car kits, and A2DP audio streaming Bluetooth profiles.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 200 MB internal memory
- 2-megapixel camera with digital zoom.
- Video capture capabilities
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA and AAC music formats; ability to create on-the-go music playlists.
- Access to Facebook and Twitter via AT&T Social Net.
- Web browser
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging.
- Personal e-mail with access to Yahoo!, AOL Mail, Windows Live Mail, Gmail, and more.
- Organizer tools including calendar and alarm clock.
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Speakerphone for hands-free communication.
- TTY compatible
- Hearing Aid (HAC) rating: M3/T3