An affordable 3G-enabled handset that's easily pocketable, the Samsung T259 for T-Mobile keeps you connected to family and friends wherever you roam thanks to T-Mobile's nationwide 3G coverage. In addition to voice communications, the T259 flip phone provides access to mobile e-mail accounts as well as the latest updates from your Facebook and Twitter accounts.
External screen with incoming and missed calls (see larger image).
GPS-enabled for navigation using Google Maps.
Enabled for T-Mobile's high-speed 3G network, the T259 offers fast data delivery and an enhanced Web-browsing experience that lets you connect quickly to social networking sites. And the 3G-enabled dLite will benefit from the enhanced speeds of T-Mobile's upgraded HSPA+ network (read more about HSPA+ below).
The T259 comes with a web browser, and it's GPS-enabled for location-based services and navigation with Google Maps and the optional TeleNav GPS Navigator. Other features include a 2-megapixel camera/camcorder, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, microSD memory expansion to 32 GB, Visual Voicemail, and up to 5.5 hours of talk time.
- Fast 3G connectivity via T-Mobile's HSDPA/UMTS network. (1700/2100 MHz bands, UMTS/HSDPA; see more about T-Mobile's 3G service below)
- Built-in GPS for real-time location on maps, driving directions, and more (additional charges may apply) with support for Google Maps and TeleNav software.
- 2.2-inch internal screen (240 x 320 pixels; 65K colors)
- External screen displays incoming and missed calls, messages, signal strength, battery life, and current time.
- Standard alpha-numeric keypad
- 2-megapixel camera/camcorder with digital zoom
- Video capture capabilities
- MP3 player
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and A2DP audio streaming--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- Text (SMS) and picture/video (MMS) messaging
- Access to personal e-mail
- Web browser
- Integrated speakerphone
- Organizer tools including calendar, alarms, notes, to-do, and calculator
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
- Visual Voicemail enables you to listen to your voicemail messages in any order, respond in one click and easily manage your inbox without ever dialing in to the network.
- USB connectivity for file transfer and charging
- Hearing Aid Compatibility: M3, T4
The Samsung T259 weighs 3.15 ounces and measures 3.87 x 1.93 x 0.66 inches. Its 800 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 5.1 hours of talk time, and up to 335 hours (14 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies, as well as T-Mobile's 3G network (1700/2100 MHz).