There are smartphones, and then there's the iPhone 4. It continues to set the standard with its stunning Retina display, powerful A4 chip, and long battery life. And with the world's largest selection of apps, there's almost no limit to what the iPhone 4 can do.
FaceTime Video Calling
iPhone 4 makes video calling a reality, so you can see friends while you talk to them. FaceTime works over Wi–Fi on iPhone 4, the new iPod touch, and a FaceTime enabled Mac.
It’s the sharpest, highest–resolution phone screen ever. With a remarkable 960–by–640 resolution in a 3.5–inch display, images and text look amazingly crisp.
Run multiple apps at the same time and switch between them instantly. All without sacrificing performance or battery life.
HD Video Recording & Editing
You can record, edit, and share HD video right on iPhone 4. So now you’ll always have a great HD video camera with you.
Photography on iPhone 4 takes a giant leap forward. The 5–megapixel camera includes a 5x digital zoom, a built–in LED flash, and improved low–light performance.
Print photos, email, web pages, and documents on an AirPrint–enabled printer with just a few taps. No software to download, drivers to install, or cables to connect.
Available for purchase as an accessory except in the state of Florida.
3G Mobile Hotspot Capable available with iPhone 4 on Verizon Wireless
iPhone 4 on Verizon Wireless also includes new 3G Mobile HotSpot capabilities, allowing customers to use iPhone 4 to connect up to five compatible Wi–Fi enabled devices. (Additional Fees Apply)
- 5.0 megapixel
- LED flash
- VGA–quality photos
- Tap to focus still images
- Photo geotagging
- Video recording
- HD (720p)up to 30 frames per second with audio
- Tap to focus video
- Video geotagging
- Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC–LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG–4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC–LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M–JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
- Support for 1024 by 768 pixels with Dock Connector to VGA Adapter; 576p and 480p with Apple Component AV Cable; 576i and 480i with Apple Composite AV Cable (cables sold separately)
- Compatible with MP3s
- Shop on iTunes Store
- Create + manage playlists
- ACC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected ACC (from iTunes Store), HE–ACC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps) MP3VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4 Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless AIFF, and WAV
- Wi–Fi 802.11b/g/n Wi–Fi (802.11n 2.4GHz only)
- 3G Mobile Hotspot Capable available with iPhone 4 on Verizon Wireless
- CDMA EV–DO Rev A (800,1900 MHz)
- Hearing Aid Compatibility = M4/T4
- Viewable document types: .jpg, .tiff, .gif (images); .doc and .docx (Microsoft Word); .htm and .html (web pages); .key (Keynote); .numbers (Numbers); .pages (Pages); .pdf (Preview and Adobe Acrobat); .ppt and .pptx (Microsoft PowerPoint); .txt (text); .rtf (rich text format); .vcf (contact information); .xls and .xlsx (Microsoft Excel)
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR technology
Weight and Dimensions
- Dimensions: 4.5” (h) x 2.3” (w) x .37” (d)
- Weight: 4.8 oz
- Retina Display 3.5–inch (diagonal) widescreen Multi–Touch Display
- 960–by–640–pixel resolution at 326 pixels per inch
- 800:1 Contrast Ratio
- Fingerprint–resistant oleophobic coating on front and back
- Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
- Accelerometer, Three–Axis Gyro, Ambient & Proximity light sensors
Input and Output
- 30–pin Dock connector port
- 3.5–mm stereo headphone minijack
- Built–in speaker & Microphone
Battery and Power
- Built–in rechargeable lithium–ion battery
- Talk time: Up to 7 hours
- Standby time: Up to 300 hours
- Internet Use: Up to 6 hours on 3G, up to 10 hours on Wi–Fi
- Video Playback: Up to 10 hours, Audio Playback up to 40 hours
- 1GHz Apple A4 custom–designed, high–performance, low–power system–on–a–chip
Mac and Windows System Requirements
- Mac or PC with USB 2.0 port
- Mac OS X v 10.5.8 or later or
- Windows 7; Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional SP3 or later
- iTunes 10.1 or later (free download from www.itunes.com/download)
- iTunes Store account
- Internet access